Cinnamon Infused Honey Recipes
Indulge in the delightful fusion of two natural wonders with our Blueberry Infused Honey recipes. We’ve taken the purest, golden honey and infused it with the vibrant essence of plump, juicy blueberries, creating a symphony of flavors that dance on your taste buds.
Cinnamon Honey Glazed Carrots
Cinnamon honey glazed carrots make for a delicious and simple side dish for a variety of meals, from roasted meats to poultry and vegetarian dishes. The sweet and spicy glaze complements the natural sweetness of the carrots, making them a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 pound of fresh carrots, peeled and trimmed
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon-infused honey
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh chopped parsley (optional, for garnish)
Step 1: Prepare the Carrots
- Peel the carrots and trim off the ends.
- Cut the carrots into even-sized pieces, either into rounds or sticks, depending on your preference. Try to make them as uniform as possible to ensure even cooking.
Step 2: Cook the Carrotts
- Place the carrots in a pot of boiling water with a pinch of salt.
- Cook the carrots for about 5-7 minutes or until they are slightly tender but still have a nice crunch. You don’t want them to be too soft.
- Drain the carrots and set them aside.
Step 3: Make the Glaze
- In a skillet or saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the cinnamon-infused honey and ground cinnamon to the melted butter. Stir well to combine.
Step 4: Glaze the Carrots
- Add the cooked and drained carrots to the skillet with the honey-butter-cinnamon mixture.
- Toss the carrots in the glaze, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Continue to cook the carrots in the skillet for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally. The glaze will thicken and coat the carrots nicely.
Step 5: Season and Serve
- Season the glazed carrots with salt and pepper to taste.
- If desired, sprinkle fresh chopped parsley over the top for some color and extra flavor.
- Transfer the glazed carrots into a serving dish and serve them hot.
Cinnamon Honey Parfait
Creating a cinnamon honey parfait is a delightful way to enjoy a sweet and creamy dessert or snack. Here’s a simple recipe for a cinnamon honey yogurt parfait
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (or your preferred yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon-infused honey (adjust to taste)
- 1/2 cup granola (homemade or store-bought)
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.)
- 1 ripe banana, sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (such as almonds or walnuts, optional)
Step 1: Prepare the Cinnamon Honey Yogurt
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt and cinnamon-infused honey. Adjust the honey to your desired level of sweetness. Mix well until the honey is fully incorporated into the yogurt.
Step 2: Assemble the Parfait
- Select a glass or bowl for serving. A clear glass will allow you to see the beautiful layers.
- Begin by adding a spoonful of the cinnamon honey yogurt to the bottom of the glass to create the first layer.
Step 3: Add the Granola
- Sprinkle a layer of granola on top of the yogurt. This provides a nice crunchy texture.
Step 4: Layer the Berries
- Add a layer of mixed berries on top of the granola. You can use fresh or frozen berries, depending on your preference and what’s available.
Step 5: Repeat the Layers
- Continue to layer the ingredients in the following order: yogurt, granola, berries.
- If you’re using banana slices or chopped nuts, you can add them in between the layers as well for added flavor and texture.
Step 6: Finish with a Drizzle
Finish the parfait with a final drizzle of cinnamon-infused honey over the top. This adds a touch of sweetness and ties the flavors together.
Step 7: Garnish and Serve
- Optionally, you can garnish your parfait with a few extra berries, a sprinkle of nuts, or a dusting of ground cinnamon for visual appeal.
- Serve your cinnamon honey parfait immediately or refrigerate it until you are ready to enjoy.