RED chili pepper Infused Honey Recipes
Red chili pepper honey is a tantalizing fusion of the natural sweetness of honey and the fiery heat of red chili peppers. This infusion creates a dynamic condiment that balances the sweetness of honey with the bold, spicy kick of chili peppers, offering a complex and memorable flavor experience.
Spicy Honey Glazed Brussels SProut
Spicy honey glazed brussels sprouts are a flavorful side dish that combines the natural sweetness of the sprouts with a hint of heat from the chili pepper infused honey.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2-3 tablespoons chili pepper-infused honey (adjust to your preferred level of spiciness)
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds (optional, for garnish)
Step 1: Preheat the Oven
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
Step 2: Prepare the Brussels Sprouts
- Trim the stem ends of the Brussels sprouts and cut them in half lengthwise.
Step 3: Toss with Olive oil
- In a large bowl, toss the halved Brussels sprouts with olive oil until they are well coated. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
Step 4: Roast the Brussels Sprouts
- Spread the Brussels sprouts out in a single layer on a baking sheet. Make sure they are evenly spaced and not overcrowded, so they roast rather than steam.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts are tender and have developed a nice golden-brown color. You can toss them once halfway through for even cooking.
Step 5: Glaze with Chili Pepper Honey
- Once the Brussels sprouts are done roasting, transfer them to a bowl.
- Drizzle the chili pepper-infused honey over the roasted Brussels sprouts while they are still hot. Start with a couple of tablespoons and adjust according to your desired level of spiciness and sweetness.
- Toss the Brussels sprouts gently to ensure they are coated evenly with the spicy honey glaze.
Step 6: Garnish and Serve
- If you like, sprinkle the chopped toasted almonds over the glazed Brussels sprouts. The almonds add a delightful crunch and nuttiness to the dish.
- Transfer the spicy-honey glazed brussels sprouts to a serving platter and serve hot.
Chili honey barbeque chicken
This dish combines the heat of chili pepper-infused honey with savory barbecue sauce for a delicious and tangy glaze. You can cook it on the grill or in the oven.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chili pepper-infused honey (adjust to your preferred level of spiciness)
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (your favorite brand or homemade)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional, for a smoky flavor)
- Cooking oil for grilling (if grilling)
Step 1: Preheat the Grill
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (around 375-400°F or 190-200°C).
Step 2: Season the Chicken
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels and season them with salt and black pepper.
Step 3: Prepare the Glaze
- In a bowl, combine the chili pepper infused honey, barbeque sauce, minced garlic, and smoked paprika (if using) Mix well.
Step 4: Grill the Chicken
- Brush the chicken breasts with the chili honey barbecue glaze during the last few minutes of grilling, turning and basting a couple of times until they’re nicely caramelized and reach an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C).
Step 5: Serve
- Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Serve hot with additional glaze on the side.