Lemon Ginger Infused Honey Recipes
Lemon ginger-infused honey is a culinary gem that beautifully combines honey’s sweetness with the vibrant freshness of lemon and the comforting spice of ginger. Its versatility, captivating aroma, and unique flavor make it a cherished ingredient that elevates a wide range of dishes and beverages, transforming them into delightful culinary experiences.
Lemon Ginger Honey Tea
Lemon ginger honey tea is a soothing and flavorful beverage that combines the zesty brightness of lemon, the warmth of ginger, and the sweetness of honey. It’s perfect for sipping on a chilly day or when you’re feeling under the weather.
- 1 cup hot water
- 1-2 slices of fresh ginger (about 1/4-inch thick)
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice (adjust to taste)
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon ginger-infused honey (adjust to taste)
- Optional: a slice of lemon for garnish
Step 1: Prepare the Ginger
- Start by peeling and slicing a small piece of fresh ginger (about 1/4-inch thick). You can adjust the amount of ginger to your preference for a milder or stronger ginger flavor.
Step 2: Boil Water
- Bring a cup of water to boil in a kettle or on the stovetop.
Step 3: Infuse with Ginger
- Place the ginger slices in your teacup or mug.
- Pour the freshly boiled water over the ginger. Allow it to steep for about 3-5 minutes. This will infuse the water with the ginger’s spicy and warming flavor.
Step 4: Add Lemon Juice
- After the ginger has steeped, add 1-2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice to the cup. Adjust the amount to your taste preference.
Step 5: Sweeten with Honey
- Add 1-2 teaspoons of lemon ginger-infused honey to the tea. The amount you use will depend on how sweet you like your tea. You can always start with less and add more if needed.
Step 6: Stir and Garnish
- Stir the tea to ensure the honey is fully dissolved and the flavors are well combined.
- If desired, garnish your tea with a slice of lemon.
Lemon Ginger Honey Glazed Shrimp
Lemon ginger honey shrimp is a delightful and flavorful dish that combines the zesty citrus of lemon, the warmth of ginger, and the sweetness of honey with succulent shrimp.
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and devein
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemon ginger-infused honey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
Step 1: Prepare the Shrimp
- Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and season them with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Set them aside.
Step 2: Make the Marinade
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, freshly grated ginger, lemon ginger-infused honey, and minced garlic until well combined. Taste the marinade and adjust the honey or lemon juice to your preferred level of sweetness and acidity.
Step 3: Marinate the Shrimp
- Place the shrimp in a shallow dish or a resealable plastic bag.
- Pour the marinade over the shrimp and make sure they are evenly coated.
- Seal the dish or bag and refrigerate for at least 20-30 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse.
Step 4: Cook the Shrimp
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Remove the shrimp from the marinade, allowing any excess marinade to drip off, and add them to the hot skillet.
- Cook the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes per side or until they turn pink and opaque. Be careful not to overcook them, as they can become tough.
Step 5: Glaze the Shrimp
- Pour the reserved marinade into the skillet with the cooked shrimp.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, stirring gently, until the marinade thickens and forms a glaze that coats the shrimp.
Step 6: Finish with a Drizzle
Finish the parfait with a final drizzle of cinnamon-infused honey over the top. This adds a touch of sweetness and ties the flavors together.